One of my favorite trends for a while now has been layering. Unfortunately I am not really good at it. For me it really is one of the hardest skills to master.
One blogger who I think is the queen of layering is Maja Why. I love her effortless style a lot. All her outfits look so stylish and as if she doesn’t even have to try to create a perfect head to toe look. I tried to analyze her style a bit and wanted to create such a great layered look myself. What do you think? And what is your trick to create a perfectly layered look?
I also wanted to share with you some layering tricks I found out by analyzing Maja’s outfits.
- Go for long hemlines, not only when it comes to skirts or dresses, but also for coats and cardigans.
- Use belts to create a silhouette.
- Opt for long sleeves under a cardigan or coat.
- Use a long scarf to give the outfit a nice finishing touch.
- One of the easiest ways to layer is to wear a longer blouse or shirt under a sweater.
- When it’s cold wear a blazer, leather jacket or denim jacket under the coat.
- When wearing a skirt or flared jeans, the outfit looks even more effortless when everything is oversized, from head to toe.
- Let a piece of lace peak out under your V-neck shirt or down the hemline.
- Tie a shirt around your waist.
- When wearing more than three layers, pile on thin layers.